Rose apples (ชมพู่ ‘chompoo’) are crunchy and although they don’t have much flavour, in Thailand we slice them up and eat them with sugar.
These are one of the more expensive fruits in Thailand, but they are very fresh and juicy and are kind of like cucumber – thirst quenching!
- The chompoo tree has medicinal qualities, including:
- The flowers of the tree being used to treat fever
- The leaves can be used as a diuretic
- The bark of the tree can be used to treat asthma
- The seeds of the fruit for diarrhea
I really miss chompoo because of how fresh it is, it’s a good palette cleanser and is a very light fruit to have after meals.